1) Which is true of vitamins?
A. They do not contain carbon in their structure.
B. We need only small quantities of them in the diet.
C. Our body’s cells can sythesize them if given an adequate supply of carbohydrate, protein and fat.
D. They are not essential nutrients.
2)Which vitamin plays a critical role in vision?
A. Vitamin A
3) Which vitamin regulates calcium absorption?
A. Vitamin D
C. Vitaimin C
4) Which essential nutrient(s) cannot be obtained from a 100% plant-based diet?
A. Some of the essential amino acids
C. Vitamin B12
D. Thiamine and niacin
5) Which changes to one’s mineral intake are recommended to reduce the risk of high blood pressure?
A. Lower calcium intake, increase sodium intake.
B. Lower potassium intake, increase sodium intake.
C. Lower sodium intake, increase potassium intake.
D. Lower both calcium and potassium intake.
6) Which mineral deficiency results in the condition called goiter?