For the lecture portion we are starting with the Endocrine System, so our instructor for the Endocrine Glands and Hormones for each one to be able to make like a flow chart for each of them and to have in the flow chart the following info: stimulus, gland, hormone, target area, action I think that is all for the flow chart unless you know about flow charts for the Endocrine system if it usually includes other info.
For my lab part of class we have to be able to identify under the microscope the following slides and the parts on the slides:
1) Thyroid and parathyroid glands and to know what hormone is produced by the parathyroid gland, what type of stimulus activates the follicle cells and the C-cells
2) Pancreas- to identify on the slide when we look at the slide which area on slide is the Islets of Langerhans, why the pancreas is classified as an exocrine as well as an endocrine gland? What is its function in each situation? What is the function of glucagon and insulin?
3) Testes- to identify the difference on the slide between the seminiferous tubules and the interstitial cells and What hormone(s) target the seminiferous tubules? What hormone(s) target the interstitial cells?
4) Ovaries- to identify the difference on the slide between primordial follicles and the mature follicles What hormone(s) triggers the primordial follicle to become the mature follicle? What hormone(s) target the follicle cells to produce estrogen cells?
5) Adrenal Glands- to identify the difference between the adrenal cortex and the adrenal medulla
6) Hypophysis(Pituitary)- to identify the difference on the slide between the anterior(adenohypohysis) and posterior(neurohypophysis) areas, List the hormones produced and secreted by each gland. Compare the method of stimulation for the anterior and posterior lobes.
If you know how to make up flow charts and provide that for me for the Endocrine glands and hormones.
And if you know any good websites or whatever for the lab class for the slides to help me know and study the difference of each slide.