Describe one health and one safety issue(select one issue from each community). Include supportive evidence from the literature to indicate the severity of the issue. Iron ridge community
(Air pollution, uneven pavement) and
(Health issue rodent problem and Kids ride their bike with helmets safety issues) in Summerville
Whyis this participant observation an example of qualitative research?
Whatare other data collection methods, both qualitative and quantitative, could you use to research the community health and safety problems?
Howcan you tell if a study is qualitative or quantitative?
Finally, howare theory, research, and practice advanced from qualitative and quantitative
approaches (separately or combined)?
In this first week of class, you are asked to review the case study videos of the cities of Ironridge and Summerville. As you do, jot down your observations of health and safety issues you note in the scenarios.
In your response to this question:
1. Discuss why observation is a form of qualitative data collection.
2. Identify one health and one safety issue in each of the cities.
3. Identify other ways, both qualitatively and quantitatively, of examining the issues you noted through observation.
4. Differentiate between qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
5. Discuss how theory research and practice benefit and advance by utilization of both these