1) How do prokaryotic cells differ in size from eukaryotic cells?
2) Where do the terms prokaryote and eukaryote come from, and what precisely do they mean?
3) What are plasma proteins and why are they important?
4) In what ways do bacteria and archaeans differ?
5) What is meant by endocytosis and exocytosis?
6) Osmosis is a very important cellular function that involves water. First explain what it means.
7) When a cell is hypertonic compared to its surroundings, in which direction does water flow and why?
8) When a cell is hypotonic, in which direction does water flow and why?
9) When a cell is isotonic, in which direction does water flow and why?
10) How would you define kinetic energy?
11) Provide an example with an explanation for potential energy.
12) Heat contributes to entropy. Can anyone explain what that means?